Epson is proud to introduce its new high quality A3+ printer, the Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000, which delivers professional features including high-capacity cartridges, networking and wireless connectivity, plus advanced media handling. Epson UltraChrome K3® with Vivid Magenta pigment ink, combined with Epson’s innovative MicroPiezo® print, enables the R3000 to produce gallery-quality black-and-white output, plus vivid colour prints with breathtaking blues and violets. The Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000 is setting new benchmarks in A3+ professional photographic printing, delivering unsurpassed exhibition quality prints.
- A3+ size printing — Exhibition Quality prints up to A3+ size.
- Superb colour photographic prints — Epson UltraChrome K3® Ink with Vivid Magenta expands the colour gamut in blues and purples, making it easier to reproduce the more difficult colours.
- Outstanding black & white photographic prints — The Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000 includes three black cartridges, creating smooth tonal graduation, superior neutral grey tones and a high D-max for blacker blacks.
- Auto-switching black inks — A new Intelligent linking technology enables the printer to automatically switch between Photo and Matte Black inks to optimize your output, based on the media type you choose. Photo Black Ink produces rich, deep blacks on traditional photographic papers; while Matte Black Ink produces exceptional results on matte surface media.
- Individual High Capacity Ink Cartridges — The Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000 includes new high capacity ink cartridges which provide 2.3 times more ink than previous Epson models.
- Advanced, simple media handling — An Improved design allows precise front feeding of the fine art paper – a definite advantage that not only simplifies a delicate task, but reduces installation space.
- Roll paper Support — The Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000 has the ability to support roll paper handling as a standard feature, making continuous, high quality photograph printing absolutely straightforward. This feature makes the printer ideal for photographers looking for simple yet high quality panorama with edge-to-edge BorderFree photo printing on sizes up to A3+.
- CD/ DVD Printing — In keeping with Epson’s precision CD/DVD surface printing tradition, the Epson Stylus Photo™ R3000 supports high quality printing directly on to the surface of compatible inkjet printable 8cm and 12cm CD-Rs and DVDs.
- Wired and wireless connectivity — Out of the box compatibility with Ethernet and WiFi networks make the Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000 ideal for any photo studio, graphics house or SOHO environment, while support for USB further expands connectivity options. The Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000 also features USB connection and Pictbridge, meaning PictBridge-enabled cameras can be easily connected to the printer for direct-from-camera printing.
- 2.5 inch Colour LCD Display – The Epson Stylus™ Photo R3000 features an impressive LCD display panel which allows you to check the printer status, ink levels and perform routine maintenance tasks
This printer ships with a full set of ink cartridges and some ink from the first set is used for priming the printer. Yields will vary considerably based on images printed, print settings, paper type, frequency of use and ambient temperature.
When an ink cartridge needs replacing, you cannot continue copying or printing without replacing the relevant cartridge, even if other cartridges don’t need replacing.
You should leave a cartridge needing replacement installed in the printer until you have obtained a replacement. Doing otherwise may cause ink remaining in the print head nozzles to dry out and affect printer operation.
To ensure ongoing print quality and trouble-free operation, a variable amount of ink will be present in a cartridge that is low on ink after the “Replace Cartridge” indicator comes on.
This printer will use a quantity of ink from each cartridge for print-head cleaning and maintenance and will use ink from all cartridges for both black and colour printing.
Warning to Epson printer owners. Many well known third party companies claim their inkjet printing papers are compatible with all Epson inkjet printers. Epson has reports from many customers who have used third party paper and have been very disappointed with the results. When the same customers have changed to genuine Epson paper, they have been amazed and pleased with the colour and quality of their prints. Epson recommends that you do not use any non genuine printing papers if you want to get the best results from your Epson printer. Epson printers are very carefully tuned to ensure Epson inks and Epson’s patented MicroPiezo™ printhead produce the best quality prints using carefully selected Epson paper.
All other brands of printing papers are not wholly compatible with the printer.
Equipment supplied by Epson South Africa is designed to function in conjunction with genuine Epson consumables and accessories specifically configured for it.
The Epson Intellidge™ Ink System is designed to work perfectly in harmony with the printer and your choice of media to ensure you get: the very best of print quality every print, every time and trouble-free, peace-of-mind printing every print, every time.
The Epson Intellidge™ Ink System brings maximum benefits, maximum ink usage and the interchange of Epson cartridges suitable for this model. The Epson Intellidge™ Ink System gives you easy-to-see, readily available information about all your ink levels.
This printer is designed to be used only with Genuine Epson Intellidge™ ink cartridges.
Intellidge™ Ink cartridges are not designed for refill.
It’s now easier for you to identify Genuine Epson cartridges. Epson is gradually replacing the current hologram with the new anti-counterfeit Color Shifting Label.
Usage Conditions Epson products are designed and made to give highly reliable use and long life when used according to its specifications. With any system, product or device used in situations where human life may be involved or at risk, Epson advises that you should take all necessary steps to ensure the suitability of your Epson product for inclusion in your system, and recommends that you include fail-safe procedures and redundancy support or backup equipment in your system, to maintain the maximum safety margin and optimum system reliability. Examples include but are not limited to – do not interfere with any electrical components within the device, do not use items supplied with the product for purposes other than as intended by Epson (ie mains cords, inks, CDs, plastic wrapping) and do not make modifications to the product.
This product meets the strict ENERGY STAR guidelines set by the European Commission. Epson is a global manufacturer committed to protecting the environment for future generations by offering a range of ENERGY STAR products. This is achieved by significantly reducing electricity usage, which saves energy, money and the environment, without compromising quality.